Pasta dishes, especially those with white sauce, are my favorite kinds of food. I crave for them almost everyday. But the problem is, I am not that much into cooking. I really don’t like slicing, sauteing or frying anything. My interest and patience in cooking is barely an inch long, and going to a restaurant everyday just to satisfy my cravings for pasta won’t be a good decision.
So after doing a lot of research, I have finally come to learn about a recipe called Tuna Carbonara. It is definitely the quickest, easiest and most affordable pasta recipe I have ever known. All you have to prepare are:
– 1 kilo spaghetti
– 1 tsp. salt
– 2 tbsp. cooking oil
– 1 canned tuna flakes in vegetable oil (180 grams)
– 1 regular pack cream of mushroom soup
– 2 packs all purpose cream
This is how it’s done:
1. Boil a large amount of water in a large casserole then add 1 tsp. salt and 2 tbsp. cooking oil.
2. In another medium sized saucepan, pour a regular pack cream of mushroom soup and whisk it with 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, whisking constantly. It will only take 5 minutes.
3. Drop the spaghetti in the boiling, salted and oiled water and let it simmer for 12 minutes.
4. While the spaghetti cooks, add 2 packs all purpose cream on the saucepan where the cream of mushroom soup boils. Drain the canned tuna and also pour it along with the combined cream of mushroom soup and all purpose cream. Stir and season it with salt and pepper. Stir again. (This will now serve as the sauce of your spaghetti.)
5. Drain the spaghetti and pour the sauce. Mix well and serve with grated cheese for toppings.
It’s definitely effortless! Try it now and enjoy this Tuna Carbonara recipe with your family.
Available at: Home Page